Friday, May 30, 2014

Learning to Cast

I hate this weight I feel on my shoulders, in my chest.  I want to be free from it.  I mentally choose to cast it on You, Lord - like You say to do!  Please teach me, show me and remind me throughout the day, every day, to do this continually.  To cast it all on You.  The unknowns, the uncertainties, the mistakes, the failures, the results of my lack of discipline or wisdom or obedience.

Jesus, take all of it, please, and redeem it all -  make it into something beautiful and useful.  Help me to let it all go into Your hands.  To be responsible and diligent but not worry and fret and regret.

To be humble and able to see and recognize and admit and repent from my mistakes.  Yet be free from the weight of them because of Your grace and mercy!  It is Your promise to carry my burdens and to make all things work together for good and to make my burden light and to take care of me AFFECTIONATLY and to care about me WATCHFULLY;  your promise to sustain me. 

Guide me and give me wisdom and foresight and discernment to make good and wise decisions.  Open and close doors according to Your will and purpose.  Give me the strength and courage and the stamina I need to keep moving forward.  Teach me to walk in Your ways, casting my burdens on you yet learning and growing and maturing in the process. 

Psalms 55:22 (AMP)

Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).

 

1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.