Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Surrender and win... Die and live

SURRENDER...  my will, my plans, my desires, my opinions, my preferences, my expectations, my dreams, my comforts, my things, my time, my money, my security...

SURRENDER it all to God and trust Him.  Trust that His plans and intentions are for my good and my ultimate benefit; for my growth and maturity and even for my happiness and fulfillment. 

WIN God's chosen path that brings peace and joy and purpose and character development.

DIE to myself.  To my fleshly desires like physical comforts, solitude, financial freedom and security, even health and strength.  Give what you treasure the most and though you feel as if you might die, you will actually find new life, hope and meaning.

This I know in my head... in my heart, even.  I believe it to be true!  Why then do I struggle to take it to heart and make it a part of me?  Why do I resist and hesitate and make excuses and procrastinate and follow so reluctantly?  Why do I drag my heels and gripe and complain and blame and avoid the inevitable.

Take up your cross and follow me.  Take up your cross and follow me.

Mark 8:34 (NIV)

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me..."