Tuesday, October 10, 2017

O' Man, Whoever You Are

What do I judge in others that I do myself?

Watch out!  Be careful!

Humble yourself or you will be humbled!

Holy Spirit reveal to me and convict me of this sin of passing judgement on others when I am guilty of the very thing I harshly condemn!

Lord, give me a humble heart.  Help me to see the truth about myself and not consider myself greater or better than anyone else.  Don't allow me to fool myself, to deceive myself into thinking that my heart is clean, that my mind is pure, free of guilt.

Only by YOUR GRACE am I made clean and pure!  

Only because You forgive me and cleanse me and restore me.

I have nothing to boast or brag about.  Nothing to feel proud about.  

I don't have a leg to stand on.  I can only stand on Christ - the Solid Rock!

I can't stand on my own!  (This turns out to be a gift!)

But, I can stand on Christ!  (Because as a result I get to stand truly firm.)

Romans 2:1 (AMPC)
"Therefore you have no excuse or defense or justification, O man, whoever you are who judges and condemns another.  For in posing as judge and passing sentence on another, you condemn yourself, because you who judge are habituallly practicing the very same things [that you censure and denounce]."


"On Christ the solid rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand."
Hymn titled "My Hope is Built on Nothing Less" by Edward Mote, 1834

Psalm 62:6-7 (ESV)
"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.  On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."

No comments: