Monday, October 28, 2013

How Do I Keep You Close?

What do I do with the Truth You give me?  How can I keep it from slipping away into the abyss of Truth's forgotten? 

Absorb it.  Apply it.  Learn it.  Lean on it. 

Process it.  Pine away for it.  Proclaim it.  Protect it. 

How do I keep it close?  Current?  Capturing my heart and mind? 

Chew on it.  Don't leave it by the wayside.  Don't neglect it.  Repeat it.  Review it.  Re-live it.  Remember it.  Refresh it. 

Take your time with it.

John 14:26-27 AMP

 26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.

27 Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]

Thank you, Father.  You make provision, even for this.  To remind me of the Truths you've already so lovingly taught me.  You are patient and understanding and gracious and merciful.  Giving me your gifts which I don't deserve and withholding consequences which I do deserve.  Always helping to pull me up and push me through.

Thank you for your patience.  Thank You for Your words of assurance.  Your love.  Your peace.  Your grace.  Because of this I don't have to be worried or anxious or afraid or doubtful.

I can rest in You!  I can trust in You!  I can hope in You!  I can succumb to You!  I can rely on You!

Even when I can't see Your hand, I can trust Your heart!